Layering is an easy way to create a modern, fun and casually chic look. Here’s 5 layering tips and some suggested styles that will have you creating new looks with ease.
We love this effortless look. Stella has a way with romancing well-made non-trendy staples. For fall, the scale reads modern and chic but with a relaxed mood. We hope you love Stella’s take on the layered look.
1. Start the first layer with a lightweight style that has a tighter fit than the piece you will be layering over it. We suggest the Agenda Tunic as a first layer.
2. Layer in one color. Tone on tone instantly looks rich.
3. Play with shorter layers over longer layers. This instantly elongates your figure and balances proportions.
4. Save texture and statements for your outer layers and accessories. Have fun with outer layers that provide the final touch of interest for your outfit, whether you choose to go minimal or lux.
5. Keep your waist flat. You want to layer on top of a smooth foundation. Avoid pants with belt loops and bunches. Instead try an invisible waist, such as Stella’s Define Yourself Ankle Pants.